We have a New Website!
What do you think of our new website, the final phase of an overall rebranding of the law library to make legal information and justice more accessible to the San Diego community? Designed to be highly interactive, the site brings our vast resources to the fingertips of four core users: legal professionals, business owners, self-represented litigants, and community members. Improved navigation tools within the new site make such things as researching legal issues, finding free legal help, preparing motions and checking out materials intuitive and simple.
“Our mission is built upon the principle of making legal resources readily available to the entire San Diego community,“ said John Adkins, director of the San Diego Law Library. “With the completion of our website, we’ve made it easier than ever to sort through a tremendous amount of legal resources, and help people find the information they need to get solutions and take advantage of opportunities.”
Key Features of the newly built site include:
- Online research for legal issues, including a self-help center, court forms, Nolo books and free legal websites
- “How To” videos and information for self-represented litigants, featuring links to legal clinics and local organizations that can provide guidance on legal matters
- A calendar of events featuring upcoming programs, events, webinars & podcasts
- LiVE! – an interactive experience that integrates social media and other online resources to make the law library more useful, accessible and fun
- Opportunities for end users to take advantage of social media and create blogs for generating new business opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities & a partner recognition page
Our rebranding included four key elements: improving the user experience, strategic partnerships, access to print and electronic resources and updated technology. As part of this strategic vision, the downtown branch underwent a multi-million dollar renovation, the name was shortened from The San Diego County Public Law Library, and new logos were designed for both the Law Library and its fundraising arm, the Law Library Foundation. The launch of the new San Diego Law Library website furthers this transformation.