The San Diego Law Library uses its staff, its collections, and the other tools and programs it develops to promote relevant, pertinent and timely legal information to the residents of San Diego County to provide them with access to justice.
We will be the first choice of every San Diego County resident for free, comprehensive, current and authoritative legal resources.
Our mission is to provide well-trained & knowledgeable staff to help the many diverse communities of San Diego County to use and access appropriate legal materials and resources in a safe and healthy space.
- Focus on meeting the needs of the library’s users.
- Create a county-wide community resource that promotes interaction and collaboration in the dissemination of legal information.
- Maintain a practical, timely and relevant collection and electronic access to legal materials that will meet the needs of the library’s users.
- Make legal information available to users in the most appropriate and relevant format possible.
- Provide professional library staff that demonstrates excellent communication skills and uses technology to improve workflow and enhance the flow of legal information.
- Develop facilities and spaces within the law libraries that enable study and collaboration.