Utilities – COVID-19 Issues
Last Updated on 3/30/2020
SDGE contributes to San Diego Foundation’s San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund
Tips on how to save energy at home since you’re spending more time there:
News from the City of San Diego:
All City reservoirs are closed for recreation.
The City suspended all water shutoffs as a result of nonpayment and utility bills will not be charged interest fees for late or nonpayment.
Customers are encouraged to pay utility bills to the extent possible based on individual circumstances.
Anyone with questions or concerns about their water meter can contact Customer Support.
San Diego County Water Authority
The County Authority and its 24 member agencies are working together to ensure the safety and security of your water supply. The EPA continues to recommend that people use tap water. Additionally, the County Authority and local agencies treat tap water to remove viruses, bacteria, and other contaminants.
News from the California Public Utilities Commission:
Press Release about Protecting Consumers from disconnections
Information related to specific industries:
- Electricity & Natural Gas Utilities – Investor Owned Utilities (IOUs)
- Electricity – Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs)
- Water & Sewer Companies – Investor Owned Utilities (IOUs)
- Electricity & Natural Gas Utilities – Publicly Owned Utilities (POUs)
- Water & Sewer Companies – Publicly Owned Utilities (POUs)
- Small Local Exchange Carriers (LECs)
- Communications Companies