Last updated on December 10, 2021
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- City of San Diego
- San Diego County Water Authority
- Utility Assistance Programs
- California Public Utilities Commission
San Diego County’s 2021 Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) helps eligible households in qualifying areas who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program provides payment assistance for renters who need help with rent and utilities (updated July 16, 2021). Read more here –
SDGE has programs to assist consumers affected by the pandemic, but is resuming credit/collection activities beginning October 1, 2021. See this webpage for information about SDG&E and COVID-19:
Tips on how to save energy at home since you’re spending more time there:
News from the City of San Diego:
The City of San Diego has a program called Help To Others San Diego (H2O SD) which is a bill payment assistance program for water utility customers who are low income or on a fixed income. More information is available here:
San Diego County Water Authority
The County Authority and its 24 member agencies are working together to ensure the safety and security of your water supply. The EPA continues to recommend that people use tap water. Additionally, the County Authority and local agencies treat tap water to remove viruses, bacteria, and other contaminants.
SDGE and Other Utilities Assistance Programs
- CARE / FERA Program – The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program can provide you with a discount on your monthly energy bill (electricity and gas). The Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) program offers households of 3 or more people an 18% discount on their monthly electric use. Qualification is based on total household income.
- Medical Condition / Specialized Equipment – If you or someone in your household has a qualifying medical condition or needs certain medical equipment in your home, you may be eligible to receive more electricity or natural gas at a lower cost through the Medical Baseline Allowance program.
- Payment Arrangement: E-mail email@example.com or Call 1-800-411-7343
Dept. of Health and Social Services (DHSS) –
- Low Income Housing Energy Assist Program (LIHEAP) – Offers utility bill payment assistance, energy education, and free home weatherization/rehabilitation services available in the state of California.
- Campesinos Unidos
News from the California Public Utilities Commission:
Update on Disconnections. The CPUC has suspended disconnection of utilities for residential and small business customers in California until September 30, 2021.