User Experience Law Librarian
Job Title: User Experience Law Librarian
Are you ready to shape the future of what it means to be a Law Librarian?
Then this might be the job for you!
We are looking for a Full-Time Law Librarian to join our team.
You must have significant practical legal research teaching experience with a JD and/or MLIS and enjoy staffing a busy information desk. You will also be expected to create legal information content, coordinate our educational classes, and network with local attorneys and legal organizations to promote the library.
You must have exceptional customer service skills, a love of teaching, and an ability to collaborate with co-workers on library wide projects and innovations. Must be web 2.0 and social media savvy and like being busy. Spanish language fluency a plus. You will primarily work at our downtown location, but travel to our other locations is required.
How to Apply:
Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to
Job2016email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The San Diego Law Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All interested parties are encouraged to apply.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
• Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited Law School or equivalent legal experience required. Advanced degree in librarianship preferred.
• Three to five years prior law practice or law library experience. Significant legal research and bibliography experience in print and electronic formats.
• Demonstrated ability to instruct the general public and attorneys on legal research tools and concepts.
• Intermediate skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability with Web 2.0 and social media technologies.
• Previous customer service experience or extended experience in dealing with the public. Highly skilled in communicating with people from diverse educational and social backgrounds. Willing to adapt to different conditions on a daily basis.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and be self sufficient.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish preferred.