Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Time: noon-1 p.m.
MCLE: 1 hour General Participatory credit.
About the Program
There are many reasons why veterans would want to upgrade their military discharge status. It can be a matter of principle because they believe their discharge does not accurately reflect their service to the country. Also, the beliefs and norms regarding acceptable military behavior may have changed and that change would affect the person’s discharge status. It is an important determination because eligibility for benefits is dependent on military discharge status.
Military Discharge Upgrades will cover:
- The various discharge characterizations available from the armed forces
- The impact of discharge status upon eligibility for Veterans Administration benefits
- Other possible negative impacts that can result from “bad paper” discharges
- Options to seek discharge upgrades
- Recent policy changes that can affect efforts to upgrade discharge status
About the Speaker
Steve Berenson is a Professor of Law at Thomas Jefferson School of Law and serves as Director of the school’s Veterans Legal Assistance Clinic. He has been working with veterans on these and other issues for more than 12 years.
To cancel, call 619-531-3900. You must notify us 72 hours in advance to receive a refund. Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.