Support SDLL This Giving Tuesday
As we give thanks this Thanksgiving Holiday, our thoughts often turn to those in need. Giving Tuesday was born as a day to focus on supporting the agencies that support our community.
The Law Library strives to make sure that all residents of San Diego County have access to justice by providing legal resources and programs to every member of our community. This mission of Law Made Public is funded through the filing fees from civil cases filed in the San Diego Superior Court, as prescribed by the California Code, and donations made to the Law Library Foundation.
Unfortunately, the closure of the San Diego Superior Court earlier this year and the ongoing public health crisis caused by the coronavirus have caused a sharp decrease in the Law Library’s budget. We are asking for your help so we may continue to provide the resources and services that the people of San Diego have relied upon for decades.
You can support us in two simple ways:
1. Donate to the Law Library Foundation On Giving Tuesday (or any other day).
The San Diego Law Library Foundation is organized as a charitable trust affiliated with the San Diego Law Library. The sole mission of the Foundation is to aid us in our efforts to provide access to justice through our many resources and programs. The Foundation is recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization established for scientific and educational purposes by the IRS.
You can support our mission by donating to the San Diego Law Library Foundation using PayPal.
2. Shop for your Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals using AmazonSmile
The pandemic has caused many of us to shop online and avoid stores. But, did you know that you can by using AmazonSmile you can make Amazon purchases AND donate to the Law Library AT NO COST TO YOU?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop at AmazonSmile, for each eligible purchase, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the Law Library Foundation.
Signing up for AmazonSmile and supporting the Law Library is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
2. Sign in using your existing Amazon.com account or create an account and select “Law Library Justice Foundation” as your charitable organization. You can use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
3. Shop just as you would at Amazon.com.
We greatly appreciate your support, and if you would like more information about what we do and how you can support and advocate for us, please check out our website!