Headline:A student drank so much vodka she tore her windpipe vomiting and had to spend six days in hospital.
Ms. Megan Thomason, 21, was violently ill for 24 hours after downing several “triple shots” which caused her face and neck to swell so much she could have suffocated. She spent a couple of days in the hospital and was warned not to drink.
Then she decided to try it again.
Miss Thomason, you see, lacks the enzymes necessary to break down alcohol, causing her face and neck to swell and, well, potentially explode.
Reports are that the Hull University business student has now given up alcohol for good.
This blog contains the personal opinions of the author, which do not necessarily reflect those of the San Diego Law Library, its Board of Trustees, or any other organization with which he is associated.
There are some instances when comments will be edited or deleted. See our blog comment policy for more information.