Librarians answer legal reference questions by email.
Include in Your E-mail:
- a description of the question or problem that you have, being as complete and specific as possible.
- the name of the city or town where you live or work so that we might direct you to a library or other resource in your area that may be of further help.
- Suggest resources that can help you decide how you can handle your legal issues
- Suggest agencies that may be able to help you handle your legal issue.
Note: Individuals with lengthy and/or complex reference questions will be directed to a law library in their area.
- provide answers to questions that call for a legal opinion, including information about statutes of limitations,
- interpret the law for you,
- conduct research for you, or
- suggest specific forms that you should use.
Normally, we will respond with an answer, or a suggestion on how to further pursue your question, within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.