The following links provide information on legal research, with the focus on California law. Need help? Visit us at one of our locations, or contact us directly for all your research needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 619-531-3900.
- Visit our Guides page for information on specific topics, including sample motions.
San Diego Law Library YouTube Resources
See below for links to some educational videos, and for other classes, check out San Diego Law Library’s YouTube channel!
Legal Resource Spotlight YouTube Playlist
Legal Database YouTube Playlist
How To YouTube Playlist
- Legal Research, Nolo Press* – click here
- Legal Research: How to Find and Understand the Law, Nolo Press* – click here
- Legal Research: An Introduction, Law Library of Congress – click here
- Internet Legal Research on a Budget : Free and Low-Cost Resources for Lawyers by Judy K. Davis and Carole A. Levitt – click here
- A Layperson’s Guide to Legal Research and Self-Help Law Books by Kendall F. Svengalis – click here
- How to Research a Legal Problem: A Guide for Nonlawyers, American Association of Law Libraries – click here
- Fundamentals of Legal Research by Steven M. Barkan, Barbara A. Bintliff, Mary Whisner – click here
- Legal research in a nutshell by Morris L. Cohen, Kent C. Olson – click here
- Locating the Law published by Southern California Association of Law Libraries – click here
*Nolo Press titles are also available for free online in the Nolo Legal Information Reference Center database, – click here