Even though San Diego is entering Phase 2 of California’s Resilience Roadmap, we know that many of us will still be working from home for the near future. And, with the San Diego Superior Court now open for most business operations, it is more important that ever to have access to the legal information and resources you need!
So, over the past few weeks, we have contacted our legal database vendors and negotiated FREE REMOTE ACCESS to the following legal databases:
- CEB Pro: This database provides online access to thousands of dollars worth of CEB’s famous California practice and action guides. as well as reporters and primary law with citators. By signing up through our legal databases webpage, you can create your own account login and password. At this time, these accounts last for 30 days or until June 30, 2020, whichever comes first.
- Fastcase: This database includes primary law with citators, as well as law review and journal articles, but DOES NOT include practice guides. You can access this database using the user name and password on our legal databases webpage. There is no expiration date for this service.
- Gale California Legal Forms: SDLL Borrowing and Benefit Package holders can receive access to Gale’s extensive library of thousands of legal forms and sample letters on dozens of topics. There is no expiration date for this service. Just email or telephone us to get the login information.
- Lexis Advance: Lexis Advance is providing free 30-day accounts for individuals who sign up through our website. These accounts provide access to primary and secondary sources for all 50 states. This includes practice guides by Matthew Bender, as well as the popular series California Forms of Pleading & Practice and California Points & Authorities.
- NOLO/ Legal Information Reference Center: This resource provides electronic books, forms, and articles with helpful information on a variety of legal topics, and it made for the self-represented litigant. This database is ALWAYS available remotely on our website!
Remote access to these databases is just one of the many resources that we have made available to help you with your legal issues during the COVID-19 crisis. Check out our Classes, Legal Databases, and COVID-19 Legal Issues pages for more information! If you have any questions about our webinars or accessing our legal databases, please contact us via email or telephone for more information or assistance.