Lawyers and law firms of all sizes have access to four law library branches throughout San Diego County to use for legal research, client consultations, or complete continuing legal education credits.
Among the services the law library provides lawyers:
- Access to the largest public print collection in the county, including special collections on issues unique to our region.
- Experienced legal research librarians
- Free access to online databases, including Lexis, Westalaw , CEB’s Onlaw, and CCH
- Conference rooms to work privately or conduct meetings
- Meeting spaces to host events, complete with kitchen privileges for food preparation and storage
- A relaxed and quiet work environment with free internet access
All of our branches are located inside or adjacent to area courthouses, providing a great place to work, confer with clients or simply take a break from a busy schedule.
Supporting the San Diego Legal Community (Inside Spread)
The San Diego Law Library supports the legal community in its efforts to provide superior legal counsel to clients and ensure access to justice for those that cannot afford legal representation.
Save money on legal research and access special collections
Through the law library, solo attorneys and law firms can save thousands of dollars each year on legal research costs by eliminating or significantly reducing the amount of materials and databases they purchase in-house. The law library also houses special collections on topics unique to our region, including materials on Tribal Law, Military Law, Water Law and Border Law.
Stay abreast of legal developments and fulfill CLE requirements
The law library provides the best value in town when it comes to continuing legal education. We host hundreds of CLE programs each year for free or a nominal fee. We also offer an “all-you-can eat” CLE Crunch Card for lawyers who need last minute CLE credits around their state bar deadlines. Increasingly we are able to offer CLE programs online and on demand.