Pleading Paper – Template
Last updated: February 2013
ABOUT PLEADING PAPER
The term “pleading paper” is often used to describe the format of a document that is filed with the Court when a pre-made form is not available. If there is not a California or Local Court form to fit your situation, you will need to draft your own pleading or motion on pleading paper. The template below is already pre-formatted to meet the requirements of California Rules of Court, rules 2.100, et. seq.
We typed examples of what information belongs on the document as a place holder. You will need to delete the generic information and replace it with information specific to you. Do not change the spacing on the first page of the document. Remember it is pre-formatted to meet Court requirements.
- Your name must start on line 1
- The Court name and location must start on line 8
- The caption of the case must start on line 11
- You must have a footer with the title of the document
- After the caption (the box with the name of the Plaintiff/Respondent) you can use the space as needed, using double spacing.
1) Click on the link above to Download the Pleading Paper Template
2) Save the document to a USB drive or to the computer
3) Make changes as necessary to tailor the template to you and your specific circumstances