In-Person Services Suspended Due to Increased COVID-19 Health Threat
Due to the concerning increase in the reported cases of COVID-19/coronavirus in San Diego County, the Law Library has decided to suspend our in-person services until further notice. This will impact book circulation at our Downtown and North County Locations and appointments at our Downtown location.
BUT, don’t despair, WE ARE STILL OPEN and offering virtual reference services Monday through Friday and remote access 24/7! Currently, we are providing the following services:
- Call us at 619-531-3900 or 760-940-4386 and/or Email us for Reference Assistance. We can provide you with legal research assistance and a limited number of document deliveries for free to help with your legal research needs. If you are contacting us by telephone, please leave your name, telephone number, and a time range that is convenient for us to call you back. Staff is working from home, so we may be contacting you from a blocked telephone number.
- Talk to us at your convenience by making a Telephone Appointment. You can schedule a 30-minute long telephone appointment to get the one-on-one assistance you need at a time and date that is right for you. We have appointments available Monday through Friday between 11:30 am and 2:30 pm.
- Our Virtual Front Desk allows you to video chat with a reference librarian, no appointment necessary. You can pop in to see us Monday through Friday between 2 pm and 4 pm. This gives you an opportunity to ask us about the services, databases, and classes.
- Free Remote Access to Legal Databases: We offer access to the legal databases Fastcase, Nolo Legal Information Center, and, for a limited time, temporary accounts to Westlaw Edge to the general public. These databases allow users access to databases that were previously only accessible in the library buildings.
- Special Database Access for Borrowers and Benefits Package Holders: Borrower and Benefit package holders can use their library card to log into three additional legal databases: Gale California Legal Forms, HeinOnline, and the National Consumer Law Center.
- Lexis E-Books: Our Borrowers are able to access and virtually “borrow” from over 60 of Lexis’s most popular titles from home or office. Talk about convenient!
If you have any questions, please contact however works best for you. We are always happy to assist the people of San Diego County with their legal research needs!