Open by Appointment
DOWNTOWN LOCATION IS OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Starting Tuesday, October 13th you can visit us in person at our Downtown location for computer or reading room use. We are excited to see you in person again, but know this will be a very different experience from pre-Covid times. Please note: there is major construction on Front Street!
Here are the rules and details you need to know before booking an appointment:
- Appointments are available Monday – Friday 9am to 1pm
- There are 6 computer spots and 9 reading rooms spots available at any one time
- Appointments are available for computer use OR reading room use (one or the other)
- Appointments are strictly limited to 45 minutes
- Copying and printing will be very limited, bring a USB drive to save documents or your phone to take pictures
- Browsing the building or in the stacks is not allowed, staff will pull resources for you
- Only one appointment can be made per day
- There will be limited staff available to assist you and at a social distance
- Library materials cannot be sanitized, you are assuming any risk by handling materials or being in our facility
- You will need to agree to our safety protocols including:
- wear a face covering at all times in the facility – covering face and nose
- maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet at all times in the facility (from staff and other patrons)
- no food or drinks will be allowed in the building
- sign a waiver of liability before entering the building
- your temperature will be taken before entering the building (no access if 100 degrees or more)
- You must not be Covid-19 positive, experiencing any flu like symptoms, or have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive or who is sick.
- If you do not agree to our rules and safety protocols or if you require an ADA accommodation, please see our Law Made Public From Home page for remote services available to you.
- There is no entry into the building without an appointment. If you want to checkout materials, make an appointment to use the Reading Room or take advantage of our Pick Up service.
Noncompliance with these rules will result in revocation of all onsite law library privileges for up to one year, but not less than 30 days. Online services will still be available to the user.
Go to our Appointment System now to schedule your in-person appointment, or select a remote service if that suits your needs.