New Laws for 2016
Hundreds of new California laws go into effect on January 1, 2016. Here’s just a few that we found interesting:
- temporary restraining orders to protect pets (AB 494)
- restrictions on motorized boards (AB 604)
- expanding liability for invasion of privacy to include airspace above land (AB 856)
- prohibiting the use of smokeless tobacco by professional baseball players in stadiums (AB 768)
- prohibit the wearing of headsets over both ears while operating a vehicle (SB 491)
The Rocklin & Roseville News has complied a complete list of 2016 California Laws with links to the actual law.