Members Exclusive FREE MCLE on Prop 64 and Cannabis in One Week
Date: Next Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Time: 12-1 p.m.
Location: Downtown San Diego
MCLE: 1 hour General Participatory credit
Cost: FREE for members.
About the class:
Law Library members have an opportunity to attend a FREE MCLE class reviewing the law relating to cannabis in light of the passage of Proposition 64 last year. Participants in this class will gain insight and understanding on the following topics:
- An overview of the cannabis marketplace
- The federal government’s treatment of marijuana as a Schedule I Drug and its impact on the industry
- California’s current medical marijuana laws
- County and city treatment of cannabis businesses
- California’s newly passed Medical Cannabis Regulation & Safety Act
- The aftermath of the recently-passed Adult Use of Marijuana Act (Prop 64), which legalizes recreational cannabis use for adults ages 21+
This class is limited to Law Library members only. You can join at either the Downtown or Vista locations and takes just a few minutes.
About the speaker:
Kimberly R. Simms earned her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. Her law practice is focused on the legal and political needs of the medical marijuana community. Kimberly has negotiated with government officials to craft reasonable and effective regulations, litigated complex land use and zoning cases, and advised hundreds of cannabis entrepreneurs. She is a recognized as a leading expert in this emerging area of law.