MCLE on Cannabis Regulation and Legalization in California
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Time: 12-1 p.m.
Location: Downtown San Diego
MCLE: 1 hour general participatory credit
About This Class: Participants in this MCLE class will gain insight and understanding on the following topics:
- An overview of the cannabis marketplace
- The federal government’s treatment of marijuana as a Schedule I Drug and its impact on the industry
- California’s current medical marijuana laws, county and city treatment of cannabis businesses
- California’s newly passed Medical Cannabis Regulation & Safety Act
- A glimpse into the future to learn about the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (Prop 64) which seeks to legalize recreational cannabis use for adults ages 21+
About Our Speaker: Kimberly R. Simms‘ law practice is focused on the legal and political needs of the medical marijuana community. She has negotiated with government officials to craft reasonable and effective regulations that allow for safe access, litigated complex land use and zoning cases, and advised hundreds of cannabis entrepreneurs. Kimberly is a recognized as a leading expert in this emerging area of law. She has taught courses and led seminars focusing on how to comply with ever-changing legal and regulatory requirements.
About Cancellations: To cancel your registration, please call (619) 531-3900. To receive a refund, you must notify us 72 hours in advance. Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.
For more information about this program, visit our registration page.