Ethics MCLE North County Jan 19 – Social Media Ethics Traps
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2017
Time: 12-1 p.m.
MCLE: 1 hour ethics credit
Cost: $25, $20 for members, FREE with Crunch Card
About This Class:
This 1-hour DVD presentation describes numerous ethical traps which lawyers should avoid when using social media in their practices. It examines the relevant guidance from numerous bar association ethics opinions and case decisions. Major topics include:
- May an attorney respond by email or through social media to a person who posted a specific problem on a forum or similar site and asks to be contacted by an attorney?
- May a lawyer who wishes to find plaintiffs for a potential case post an invitation on a third-party site, such as Reddit or Twitter?
- May an attorney advise a client to change the privacy settings on his/her Facebook page?
- May lawyers advise clients of the dangers of compiling and posting information on social media sites?
- Allied Concrete Co. v. Lester case
About the Speaker
This is a DVD program. The speaker is Patrick M. Connors is a Professor of Law at Albany Law School where he teaches, inter alia, Legal Ethics,.
For more information about this program, visit our registration page.