Date: Thursday, January 12, 2017
Time: 12-1 p.m.
Location: Downtown San Diego
MCLE: 1 hour general participatory credit
Cost: $25, $20 for members, FREE with Crunch Card
About This Class:
Have you or your attorney retained an expert witness who sounded great then turned into a disaster?
This seminar introduces the legal professional to methods for interviewing a prospective document examiner, or other prospective expert witness. You learn how to properly vet your prospective expert. After this seminar you will:
- Know the questions to ask of your prospective expert
- Learn why the low priced expert may be the most expensive
- Why years of experience is no substitute for skill and knowledge
- Always research the prospective expert to learn whether the CV is honest
- Find out whether the prospective expert has told you the whole truth
- Know what to expect in a properly written expert’s report and types of reports
- Recognize the effects of bias on forensic examiners’ opinions
About the Speaker:
Mike Wakshull is a court-qualified forensic document examiner located in Temecula, CA.
For more information about this program, visit our registration page.