MCLE Crunch Time Is Coming
It’s everyone’s favorite time of year… CLE Crunch Time! Every attorney barred in California is required to take 25 hours of Continuing Legal Education classes every three years. This includes 12.5 hours of participatory credits, 4 hours of legal ethics credits, 1 hour on competence issues, and 1 hour on the recognition and elimination of bias in the legal profession and society. And, if you are in California State Bar Compliance Group 3, your CLE compliance period ends January 31, 2020!
Fortunately, SDLL is here to help you! Between December 1st, 2019, and January 31st, 2020, we have twenty (20!) CLE classes scheduled, and we are adding more every day!
Generally, our classes are scheduled over the lunch hour (12 pm – 1 pm), however, we do have a Saturday course that provides 2 hours of Ethics credit. Each MCLE costs $25, but we do have an Unlimited MCLE package for $75 that allows the package holder to take as many classes as they would like from the moment of purchase through December 31st, 2020. That means if you buy now, you get almost 14 months of MCLEs for a mere $75!
Here is a current list of the upcoming MCLEs we have planned, with the links to register.
- Wed., Nov. 13, 2019: Misdemeanor Military Diversion
- Tues., Dec. 3, 2019: The Law & Science of Impaired Driving (1 hour Competence Credit)
- Wed., Dec. 4, 2019: Workers’ Compensation Basics
- Thurs., Dec. 5, 2019: Domestic Violence
- Tues., Dec. 10, 2019: Legal Research Using Free Websites
- Wed., Dec. 11, 2019: Legal Issues Faced by Craft Breweries
- Fri., Dec. 13, 2019: The California Public Records Act
- Sat., Dec. 14, 2019: Ethics and Law Practice Management (2 hours Legal Ethics Credit)
- Tues., Dec. 17, 2019: Litigating Animal Ownership Disputes
- Wed., Dec. 18, 2019: Gender Bias in the Legal Profession DVD (1 hour Elimination of Bias Credit)
- Thurs., Dec. 19, 2019: Homeowners Association Law: Basics & Recurring Issues
- Fri., Dec. 20, 2019: Examination of Altered Documents
- Tues., Jan. 7, 2020: Virtual Law Office: Important Ethics Rules DVD (1 hour Legal Ethics Credit)
- Wed., Jan. 8, 2020: Speedwriting: From Brain to Brief in a Hurry
- Fri., Jan. 10, 2020: Alternative Criminal Justice Programs in San Diego
- Fri., Jan. 17, 2020: Will Bias Cost Your Next Case? (1 hour Elimination of Bias Credit)
- Tues., Jan 21, 2020: Lawyer’s Guide to California Cannabis Law
- Wed., Jan 22, 2020: How to Write and Effective Appellate Brief
- Fri., Jan. 24, 2020: Summary Judgment & Summary Adjudication Motions
- Wed., Jan.29, 2020: Persuading Trial Court Judges
- Thurs., Jan. 30, 2020: Elder Abuse
If you need more CLE credits, we also have a large collection of DVDs and CDs in our circulating collection that provide CLE credits. You must be part of our Borrowers Program to check out circulating materials, but all are welcome to use our computers for listening or viewing CLE materials.