San Diego Court News!
We bring you news from the San Diego Superior Courthouse. The Central Division Civil Business Office is accepting only a limited number of documents at the filing window due to budget reductions.
Below is the list of acceptable over the counter filings:
- Temporary Restraining Orders (civil harassment, elder abuse, workplace violence) and related filings;
- Petitions for Change of Name or Gender;
- Claim of Right to Possession or Third Party Claim;
- Ex Parte Papers (for Dept. 6 or 7);
- Answers/Responses to Unlawful Detainer Complaints;
- Petition to Withdraw Money from Blocked Account;
- Writs of Election;
- Any document submitted with a Peremptory Challenge; and
- Any new Complaint or Petition if the Plaintiff/Petitioner will be seeking immediate relief from the court.
All other documents must be time-stamped and dropped in the drop box adjacent to the Civil Business Office. For more details, read the San Diego Superior Court Public Notice.