Upcoming Events

Legal Reference Question of the Week

By admin on April 18, 2013//Leave a comment
mother, father, boy and baby girl

Q: I was adopted as a child, how do I get a copy of my original birth certificate?


According to Chapter 174 of the California Family Law Practice and Procedure, the original birth certificate “may be opened for inspection only” by submitting a verified petition to the superior court “in the county where the adopted person resides or in the county where the adoption was decreed.”


California Family Law Practice and Procedure also includes a sample of the verified petition that the person can submit to obtain the court order.


Go to any of our four  locations to look for practice treaties to help you draft your legal paperwork.

There are some instances when comments will be edited or deleted. See our blog comment policy for more information.


  1. Lia

    I would like to find out which prosecuting deputy district attorneys in San Diego Central Division worked on specific cases, how would I do that? If I have a name of a DDA, is there a way to cross reference that with the criminal cases that have been filed over certain years?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »