Q: The court clerk sent me here to get a civil case cover sheet. Where can I find this form?

The civil case cover sheet is available on the California courts’ website. Plaintiffs must complete and file this form with the first paper they file with the court (except small claims cases or cases filed under the Probate Code, Family Code, or Welfare and Institutions Code). The information provided on the civil case cover sheet is used to compile statistics about the types and numbers of cases filed.