Legal Reference Question of the Week

By Benita on August 23, 2013//Leave a comment
children on a swing

Q. What can I do if a party violates a child custody or visitation order?


There could be several possible remedies available and you may want to consult with an attorney to ensure that you understand all your options.


At the law library, we have several resources that discuss possible remedies. One resource is the California Family Law Practice and Procedure set. Chapter 142 discusses special remedies for enforcing child custody and visitation rights. The Rutter Group: California Practice Guide: Family Law is also a good resource. Chapter 18 discusses options for enforcing orders and judgments.


Another step to consider is filing a  report of the violation with the San Diego County District Attorney’s office.

There are some instances when comments will be edited or deleted. See our blog comment policy for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *