Legal Reference Question of the Week

By Benita on August 01, 2013//Leave a comment
apartment building bordering water

Q: What are the different notice requirements to start a residential eviction case?


A landlord has 5 different notice options:


3-Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit
3-Day Notice to Perform Covenants or Quit
3-Day Notice to Quit
30-Day or 60-Day Notice to Quit
90-Day Notice to Quit


The requirements for each notice are set out in the  Guide For Landlords.  Once, you determine which type of notice to use, we invite you to come to the law library and select a sample notice from either Nolo: The California Landlord’s Law Book: Evictions or the CEB practice treatise: California Landlord-Tenant Practice.



There are some instances when comments will be edited or deleted. See our blog comment policy for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *