According to the California Association of Legal Document Assistants (CALDA), Legal Document Assistants (LDAs) may:
- Distribute to their customers legal materials that have been published or approved by a lawyer;
- Prepare the customers’ legal documents under the direction of their customers;
- File the customers’ legal documents in the appropriate courts.
CALDA has a search form to help you find the LDA most convenient to your location.
Interested in becoming an LDA? They have information on that too. To qualify, you must:
- Register with each County in which you will work
- Post a $25,000 Bond
- Establish a minimum level of experience and/or education