Lawyer’s Guide to the New Cannabis Market MCLE Jan 31
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Time:12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
MCLE: 1 hour General Participatory MCLE credit
About the Program
This one-hour MCLE presentation, Lawyer’s Guide to the New Cannabis Market, provides an introduction to the current laws and regulatory framework covering cannabis in California. Participants in this CLE will gain insight and understanding on the following topics:
- Review of Cannabis Regulation in 2018 and what to expect in 2019
- An overview of the cannabis marketplace
- The federal government’s treatment of marijuana and hemp as a Schedule I Drug and its impact on the industry
- An overview of the regulatory framework for Cannabis Businesses under the Medical and Adult Use of Cannabis Regulation & Safety Act (“MAUCRSA”)
- Challenges facing new licensees in the regulated framework.
This is the final week of MCLE Crunch Time for attorneys. If your last name starts with A-G, you will have until February 1, 2019 to complete and report your 25 hours of continuing legal education credits. HALF of those credits must be “participatory.”
Each 1 hour class is regularly $25, but there are two programs that can make them even more economical. Check out our MCLE yearly pass or our Discount pass. Sign up today! Keep reading the library’s newsletter or checking our calendar for new classes. All classes start at noon unless otherwise noted.
About the Speakers
Kimberly R. Simms is a leading expert in the area of cannabis law. She is a founding Board Member of the Alliance for Responsible Medicinal Access, a local cannabis chamber of commerce and advocacy organization.
Patrick Murphy is licensed to practice law in three states, including California. He manages a broad range of corporate and transactional matters for cannabis companies.
To cancel, call 619-531-3900. You must notify us 72 hours in advance to receive a refund. Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.