Many attorneys and families of attorneys reach out to the library asking if they can donate law books to the Law Library. We do accept donations, but only in these specific instances: to replace worn volumes; replace binders; or fill in a gap in the collection.
We have created a resource page to help you find alternatives to throwing away your unneeded books. Alternatives include:
- Contacting new attorneys so they can build their collection
- Post a message or offer on social media pages of local legal associations
- Offer the books to local jails or prisons
- Check with used book stores to see if they accept used law books
- Local theatre or television/movie production companies can use them for set decoration
We have more suggestions and a list of possible donation sites available.