Just Added: Understanding Fiduciary Duties in Business Entities
Understanding Fiduciary Duties in Business Entities is the latest addition to the CEB OnLaw database. This online resource attempts to “impose clarity and structure” on the law of fiduciary duties as it relates to California business entities. It serves as a practice guide for “business and commercial litigators, business attorneys, and anyone advising California-based business entities.” A unique aspect of this book is the inclusion of an overview and comparison of relevant Delaware law because California attorneys will sometimes advise clients to organize an LLC or other type of business entity under Delaware law.
Also covered in this resource:
- What fiduciary duties apply in California-based partnerships, for-profit and non-profit corporations, and limited liability companies
- Fiduciary obligations of different types of individual professionals
- Fiduciary duties in family businesses and family transactions
- How to comply with fiduciary duties
- Possible protections from liability for those subject to fiduciary duties
- Initiation or defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims in litigation
This title is available online at both our Main and North County locations, as well as at our public library partners in El Cajon and Chula Vista.
As a reminder, you can help the Law Library when you order almost any publication from CEB, by using code 9665A. CEB will credit 10% of each order to the Law Library.