Help Stop Human Trafficking!
Human trafficking is the world’s fastest growing criminal enterprise. There are an estimated 20-30 million slaves worldwide. In an effort to increase awareness of this crime, the Law Library is offering a special training program in partnership with the Bilateral Safety Corridor Coalition and Lawyers Club of San Diego.
Help combat and detect human trafficking, a modern-day form of slavery, by learning:
- How to define human trafficking in multiple jurisdictions;
- Who traffickers are and how they operate;
- How to interview/depose/examine a victim;
- Criminal justice system response to human trafficking;
- How to address immigration and other legal issues;
- How California State courts are responding to human trafficking; and
- Progressive laws and jurisdictions leading the way.
For more information, see our registration page.
Date: Saturday, April 26 2014
Time: 8:30-1:00 p.m.
Location: Downtown San Diego
MCLE: 3.5 hours general participatory credit.