Free Remote Access to Legal Databases Extended Through July 31
With San Diego County back on the California’s monitoring list, having access to information wherever you are working is more important than ever. So, we have negotiated with our vendors and extended the remote access to legal databases through July 31, 2020.
Here is a summary of the access that the San Diego Law Library is providing:
- CEB Pro: This database provides online access to thousands of dollars worth of CEB’s famous California practice and action guides. as well as reporters and primary law with citators. By signing up through our legal databases webpage, you can create your own account login and password. At this time, these accounts last for 30 days or until July 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
- Fastcase: This database includes primary law with citators, as well as law review and journal articles, but DOES NOT include practice guides. You can access this database using the user name and password on our legal databases webpage. There is no expiration date for this service.
- Gale California Legal Forms: SDLL Borrowing and Benefit Package holders can receive access to Gale’s extensive library of thousands of legal forms and sample letters on dozens of topics. There is no expiration date for this service. Just email or telephone us to get the login information.
- Lexis Advance: Lexis Advance is providing free 30-day accounts for individuals who sign up through our website. These accounts provide access to primary and secondary sources for all 50 states. This includes practice guides by Matthew Bender, as well as the popular series California Forms of Pleading & Practice and California Points & Authorities.
- NOLO/ Legal Information Reference Center: This resource provides electronic books, forms, and articles with helpful information on a variety of legal topics, and it made for the self-represented litigant. This database is ALWAYS available remotely on our website!
- Westlaw Edge: Westlaw Edge provides 20 hours of access to Westlaw’s products. By creating your temporary account through our legal databases webpage, you will have access to primary law, practice guides (including the Rutter series), journal articles, verdicts and settlement, briefs, dockets, legislative history, and practical law. Practical Law is Westlaw’s new feature which provides practical guidance from over 280 expert-attorneys to ensure up-to-date information and resources.
Remote access to these databases is just one of the many resources that we have made available to help you with your legal issues during the COVID-19 crisis. Check out our Classes, Legal Databases, and COVID-19 Legal Issues pages for more information! If you have any questions about our webinars or accessing our legal databases, please contact us via email or telephone for more information or assistance.