Free Legal Research Classes March 5th and 9th
Would you like to upgrade your legal research skills? We have a pair of FREE classes at our Downtown location that can help. These classes are designed for everyone, but they provide MCLE credit, if you need it!
First up is Legal Research Using Lexis Advance on Thursday, March 5th, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
Lexis Representative Christina Rodriguez will teach tips and tricks for getting the best results using the Lexis Advance database. Attendees will learn how to:
- Construct effective searches using the one click search bar,
- Cut through the noise to get to the right results using post-search filters that help you narrow down your results to the the most relevant documents, and
- Validate your results with Shepard’s, which provides you with an analysis to ensure that the authorities you have located are good law.
And, the following week we have Legal Research Using Westlaw on Monday, March 9th, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
In this one hour session, Westlaw Representative Daniel Feller will cover:
- Overview of Westlaw: an introduction to the vast resources available in Westlaw and how to get started,
- Searching on Westlaw— From basic searching to West’s Key Number System, learn how to get the most from Westlaw in the least amount of time,
- Introducing Practical Law—Discover a resource that puts “Know How” at your fingertips. Practical Law is expertise put into resources including checklists, templates, budgeting tools, toolkits and practice notes.
Space for both of these classes is limited, so make sure you register to secure your spot today!