Finance Manager – Downtown
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the San Diego Law Library General Ledger and Financial Statements. Also handles the day-to-day operation of payroll, accounts payable and receivable, and business-critical information procedures to assure that the law library and its staff are provided effectively prioritized and consistently high service-levels; to help ensure that business solutions are effectively implemented within the organization and advance the internal and external health of the organization.
Essential Functions / Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for San Diego Law Library Budget & Oversight.
- Responsible for SDLL G/L and Financials.
- Responsible for Special Projects as assigned.
- Manages & Reports Unfunded Liability
- Works with CalPERS as needed regarding system issues and monthly billings and payments.
- Works with various vendors regarding billing/payment issues.
- Monitors and reconciles company credit card accounts, long term disability, vision/dental insurance, and workers compensation insurance.
- Accounts Payable
- Monitors Law Library wide point of sale (POS) system, sales receipts, counts cash, posts cash receipts and accounts receivable, prepares bank deposits and delivers deposits to the bank (including LLJF when required). and prepares report to County Treasury.
- Maintains internal procedures manuals for Finance and POS system.
- Develops internal procedures and training where needed in regards to business systems and software.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts as needed.
- Conducts account research and analysis as needed.
- Responsible for SDLL year-end audit, with help of Business Manager.
- Prepares and maintains various reports as needed.
- Works with Sr. Management as needed.
- Serves as “backup” to Business Manager Position.
- Helps with special events / occasions as needed, i.e. setup/teardown, parking arrangements, food deliver, etc.
- Additional responsibilities, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel to all Library locations as needed
- Ability to work weekend and extended hours if required
Send resume with cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.
The San Diego Law Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply.