New to our California practice collection, and our featured title for April, is Understanding Fiduciary Duties in Business Entities from CEB.
The book is focused on providing clear, practical, up-to-date guidance on fiduciary duties in the most frequently encountered business contexts. This reference is essential for business and commercial litigators, business attorneys, and anyone advising California-based business entities. It describes the fiduciary duties that apply to California-based partnerships, for-profit and non-profit corporations, and limited liability companies. Additionally, it covers:
- Fiduciary obligations of different types of individual professionals
- Fiduciary duties in family businesses and family transactions
- How to comply with fiduciary duties
- Possible protections from liability for those subject to fiduciary duties
- Initiation or defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims in litigation
- Extensive coverage of California law plus limited coverage of Delaware law
This book is kept up-to-date by annual releases. It is available in print at our Downtown location. You can access an electronic copy via CEB OnLaw at our full-service locations in Downtown and North County and our electronic resource locations in East County and South Bay.