New Book Added Fiduciary Duties in Business Entities
New to our California practice collection, and our featured title for April, is Understanding Fiduciary Duties in Business Entities from CEB.
The book is focused on providing clear, practical, up-to-date guidance on fiduciary duties in the most frequently encountered business contexts. This reference is essential for business and commercial litigators, business attorneys, and anyone advising California-based business entities. It describes the fiduciary duties that apply to California-based partnerships, for-profit and non-profit corporations, and limited liability companies. Additionally, it covers:
- Fiduciary obligations of different types of individual professionals
- Fiduciary duties in family businesses and family transactions
- How to comply with fiduciary duties
- Possible protections from liability for those subject to fiduciary duties
- Initiation or defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims in litigation
- Extensive coverage of California law plus limited coverage of Delaware law
This book is kept up-to-date by annual releases. It is available in print at our Downtown location. You can access an electronic copy via CEB OnLaw at our full-service locations in Downtown and North County and our electronic resource locations in East County and South Bay.