Opportunity for Women Attorneys Re-Entering the Workforce
Four law firms, Baker Botts, Cooley (including their San Diego office), Sidley, and Hogan Lovells are participating in the OnRamp Fellowship pilot program. This program aims to help women return to the workforce and advance in their career. Applications are open to women with three, or more, years experience, and who have taken a hiatus from work for at least two years. Successful applicants will receive a one-year stipend of $125,000 plus benefits in exchange for full-time work on complex legal projects.
Some of the benefits fellows receive include:
- Unlimited access to online CLE resources;
- Career guidance from experienced and reputable coaches in the legal profession;
- Training by experts in negotiations, leadership, project management, and business development;
- An understanding of the current legal market and professional experiences;
- Up-to-date work references and expanded legal connections;
- Knowledge of skills and “fit” to leverage oneself during future salary negotiations.
All aspects of the application process, including the online application, assessments, and interview must be completed by March 7, 2014. For more information and to apply, visit the OnRamp Fellowship website.