Zoom webinar – Thursday, September 29, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 pm PST
One Hour of CLE Credit*
Researching the law is only one aspect of the varied legal work an attorney needs to perform in the course
of litigation, regulation, or enforcement. One of these tasks can be researching companies to verify
financials and company hierarchies, identify executives, find out about ongoing litigation, be
aware of mergers and acquisitions, discover red flags, and gather company information in news and public
• research company information in news, business sources, and public records,
• discover negative company and executive news, current litigation, and signs that a company might be
experiencing financial strain,
• discern the quality of a website and news content on the web,
• examine the industry landscape,
• understand the value of comprehensive report capabilities to quickly gather company information,
• utilize analytics to gain insights on a company.
*CLE is approved or in the process of approval for 60 minutes of CLE credit. The type of credit allowed will be determined by the state governing MCLE Board. To verify the approval status of a jurisdiction, email email@example.com.
Presenter: Jeffrey Peters
Biography: Jeffrey Peters is a licensed attorney and Field Solutions Consultant with LexisNexis, working in the State & Local Government segment to ensure researchers are getting optimal benefits from their suite of LexisNexis products. Jeffrey obtained his Juris Decorate from South Texas College of Law Houston, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from Thomas Edison State College. Prior to joining LexisNexis, Jeffrey practiced as a solo practitioner for a little over four years, focusing on small business formation and consultation, contract drafting and review, and estate planning