The Countdown to MCLE Crunch Time Continues
There are less than two weeks left until MCLE Crunch Time! During December and January, the law library is hosting dozens of amazing speakers to provide the MCLE credits you need, including hard to find ethics, competency, and Recognition & Elimination of Bias in the legal profession credits.
California attorneys who wish to maintain their eligibility to practice law have to complete 25 hours of approved MCLE credits every three years. The deadline for attorneys whose last names start with a letter from H through M to complete those 25 hours is February 1, 2021. At least 12.5 hours have to be participatory and the remaining half can be self-study.
And, this year we are making your MCLE experience even easier by holding our MCLE classes as webinars that you can sign up for and view from your home or office! Our online MCLE classes are only $10 each, but if you purchase our Unlimited MCLE package for $75, you will be able to attend as many MCLEs as you want from the date of signing up through January 1, 2022. And, in addition to unlimited MCLE classes like these, our Benefit Package holders also have access to online databases like Gale’s California Legal Forms, HeinOnline, and the National Consumer Law Database.
We have already started the registration for our first Crunch Time classes in December, but we are adding more classes every day!
- Tues., Dec. 1st: Survey of the Name, Image, and Likeness Landscape in College Sports
- Thurs., Dec. 3rd: Can Money Talk? The Ethics of Sharing Profits With Non-Lawyers (Ethics)
- Mon., Dec. 7th: Professional Responsibility and Technology During COVID-19 (Ethics)
- Tues., Dec. 8th: Asylum and Removal Defense Law
- Thurs., Dec. 10th: Lotto Tickets to PDFs: Altered Documents in Legal Cases
- Tues., Dec. 15th: Workers’ Compensation Basics
- Wed., Dec. 16th: The Law and Science of Impaired Driving (Competency)
- Fri., Dec. 18th: Requesting Government Records
Our webinars are just one of the many resources that we have made available to help you with your legal education during the COVID-19 crisis. Check out our Classes, Legal Databases, and COVID-19 Legal Issues pages for more information! If you have any questions about our webinars or accessing our legal databases, please contact us by email, telephone, or Virtual Front Desk (weekdays between 2 pm and 4 pm). Or, you can sign up for an telephone appointment with a reference librarian.