Have your books ready to pick up at the iDesk! We are circulating items on the days we are open, currently Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Please follow these steps to check out library material:
- Have a current Borrower account. You can check the status of your account by logging in here. If your account is current and you have less than $10 fines on your account, then your account is in good standing. Go to step 2.
- If you have lost your library card or forgotten your password, please contact us via email or calling us at 619-531-3900. The default password is the last six digits of the number on the back of the library card.
- If you need to pay your fines, you can do it remotely once you log in to your account. Click the Charges tab, then click on the amount of money you owe (it will be in blue). On the next screen, click on the Make Payment button toward the bottom of the screen. If you need further guidance we have a helpful tutorial on our YouTube Channel.
- If you had an account, but it has expired, please contact us via email.
- If you never had an account, but you would like to become a Borrower, please contact us via email.
- Request materials by contacting a librarian (via email or calling us 619-531-3900). If you are having someone else pick up your material, they need to be listed as an authorized user on your account.
- You need to contact us by 10:00 AM Monday through Friday and see if the item(s) you want are available for pick up that same day by 3:00 PM.
- Receive verification of your check out. We will contact you via phone or email to confirm items the day you contact us.
- Pick up your materials
- If items are not picked up by 3:00 PM on the day scheduled, we will check the items back in for others to borrow or use.
- Renew your books if you want them for more days by the due date (by logging in to your account or via email or calling us 619-531-3900) because fines will accrue.
- Return your items to the book drop at the curb (24/7) or come inside to the iDesk.
IMPORTANT: Do not come to the library if you are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or if you have recently been in contact with someone suffering those symptoms.