Pick-Up SDLL: Checking Out Materials During COVID-19
We are excited to circulate our materials again. There are a few more steps involved because our locations still are closed for in-person services. We are only circulating items on Wednesdays between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. Books still have 4-day check-out periods and fines will accrue.
Please follow these steps to check out library material:
- Have a current Borrower account. You can check the status of your account by logging in here. If your account expires January 1, 2021 and you have less than $10 fines on your account, then your account is in good standing. Go to step 2.
- If you have lost your library card or forgotten your password, please contact us via email or telephone. The default password is the last six digits of the number on the back of the library card.
- If you need to pay your fines, you can do it remotely once you log in to your account. Click the Charges tab, then click on the amount of money you owe (it will be in blue). On the next screen, click on the Make Payment button toward the bottom of the screen. If you need further guidance we have a helpful tutorial on our YouTube Channel.
- If you had an account, but it has expired, please contact us via email.
- If you never had an account, but you would like to become a Borrower, please contact us via email.
- Request materials by contacting a librarian (via email or telephone or appointment system). You need to contact us by 2:00 PM on Tuesday to see if the item(s) you want will be available and see if they are available at your preferred location. We cannot add materials to your order on Wednesdays. If you are having someone else pick up your material, they need to be listed as an authorized user on your account.
- Receive verification of your check out. We will contact you via phone or email before 4:00 PM on Tuesday to confirm your items and location.
- Pick up your materials at the correct location on the following Wednesday, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
- We will check the items back in if they are not picked up by 12:00 PM.
- Renew your books if you want them for more days by the due date (by logging in to your account or via email or telephone) because fines will accrue.
- Return your items to the book drop at the front of the location where you picked them up.
Please follow these steps when picking up your materials:
- IMPORTANT: Do not come to the library if you are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or if you have recently been in contact with someone suffering those symptoms.
- Please wear a face covering and practice social distancing when approaching the front door of the library.
- At the door, notify Security/Staff of your name or the account you are picking up.
- Step back from the door.
- Staff will take items outside, then return inside.
Please be aware:
- Books may not be available because they are in 96-hour quarantine from a previous checkout.
- Books may not be current because not all loose-leaf pages have been filed due to limited staffing.
- You cannot pay charges in person on Wednesdays.
- You cannot return books in person on Wednesdays.