We are excited to circulate our materials. There are a few steps involved because of limitations on our in-person services.
- For Downtown, we are circulating items on the days we are open, currently Monday to Thursday 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
- For North County, we are only circulating items on Wednesdays between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. You must follow the instructions below to retrieve materials from our North County location. We do not have staff in the building unless pick-up is requested.
Please follow these steps to check out library material:
- Have a current Borrower account. You can check the status of your account by logging in here. If your account is current and you have less than $10 fines on your account, then your account is in good standing. Go to step 2.
- If you have lost your library card or forgotten your password, please contact us via email or calling us at 619-531-3900. The default password is the last six digits of the number on the back of the library card.
- If you need to pay your fines, you can do it remotely once you log in to your account. Click the Charges tab, then click on the amount of money you owe (it will be in blue). On the next screen, click on the Make Payment button toward the bottom of the screen. If you need further guidance we have a helpful tutorial on our YouTube Channel.
- If you had an account, but it has expired, please contact us via email.
- If you never had an account, but you would like to become a Borrower, please contact us via email.
- Request materials by contacting a librarian (via email or calling us 619-531-3900). We cannot add materials to your order when you are picking up your material. If you are having someone else pick up your material, they need to be listed as an authorized user on your account.
- For North County items, you need to contact us by 2:00 PM on Tuesday to see if the item(s) you want are available
- For Downtown items, you need to contact us by 10:00 AM Monday through Thursday and see if the item(s) you want are available for pick up that same day by 3:00 PM.
- Receive verification of your check out. We will contact you via phone or email before 4:00 PM on Tuesday to confirm North County items and we will confirm Downtown items the day you contact us.
- Pick up your materials at the correct location
- In North County, we will check the items back in if they are not picked up by 12:00 PM on Wednesday.
- In Downtown, we will check the items back in if they are not picked up by 3:00 PM.
- Renew your books if you want them for more days by the due date (by logging in to your account or via email or calling us 619-531-3900) because fines will accrue.
- Return your items to the book drop at the front of the location where you picked them up.
Please follow these steps when picking up your materials:
- IMPORTANT: Do not come to the library if you are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or if you have recently been in contact with someone suffering those symptoms.
- Please wear a face covering and practice social distancing when approaching library staff.
- In North County you will need to knock on the door and staff will hand you your items. In Downtown you can pick up the items at the Information Desk.
Please be aware:
- Print materials at our North County location may be out of date as we are not updating parts of the collection.
- You cannot pay charges in person when picking up material at the North County location.
- You cannot return books in person at the North County location. Please leave in the book drop.