Knight Rider’s Car Now a Reality
Exciting times are ahead of us with the introduction of self-driving cars in California. Starting September 16, 2014, the DMV will grant permits for manufacturers to begin testing autonomous vehicles on public roads in California. Read the regulations for manufacturer testing requirements here.
Potential benefits could include:
- Fewer traffic collisions,
- Transportation for sick, underage, elderly, blind, and intoxicated individuals,
- Fewer parking issues – cars can drop off passengers, park far away and return when needed,
- Sleep, read or watch a movie while the car drives, and
- Self-maintenance – car could drive off on its own for maintenance and repairs.