Conservatorship / Guardianship Clinics
At this time all clinics and workshops that take place at the San Diego Superior Court are suspended due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. This includes the Legal Aid Society’s Conservatorship Program and the Family Law Facilitators’ Guardianship Assistance Program.
The San Diego Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program is still providing assistance for Guardianship of minor cases to low-income individuals. For assistance contact them by calling (619) 235-5656 x111.
The San Diego Superior Court has information regarding conservatorships and guardianships on their website.
The Legal Aid Society of San Diego offers conservatorship clinics that provide assitance with the following items:
- Completing the paperwork for limited and general conservatorships of the person.
- Completing the paperwork for some conservatorships of the estate. (We may be able to assist with small estates, when the estate is valued at less than $15,000 exclusive of the conservatee’s residence and the conservatee’s income is less than $2,000 a month exclusive of public benefits).
- Completing the paperwork for a temporary conservatorship.
- Exploring alternatives to conservatorship and referrals for Estate Planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.)
- Filing objections to a conservatorship petition.
- Petitioning to terminate a conservatorship.
- Petitioning to remove a conservator.
- Completing the paperwork to add a co-conservator or appoint a successor conservator.
The Family Law Facilitator Guardianship Assistance Program is a self-help program of the San Diego Superior Court that offers assistance with guardianships. They are located at the San Diego Central Courthouse on the 5th floor in Room 571. They and offers the following services:
- Information Workshops on guardianships
- Completion of guardianship forms
- Help resolving paperwork deficiencies
- Help filing an objection in a San Diego guardianship case
- Help terminating a guardianship in a San Diego guardianship case
The Family Law Facilitator does not represent any person or party and the assistance provided by GAP is neutral.There are no income requirements for services provided by GAP.
Guardianship orientation workshop held every Thursday at 1:00 p.m. at the Family Law Facilitator’s Office on 4th floor, Room 480. No appointment necessary. Arrive early as space is limited.
Guardianship forms assistance by appointment only at the Guardianship Assistance Program Office on the 5th floor, Room 571. Call (619) 844-2869 to schedule appointment.
After guardianship petition has been filed, walk-in assistance to file an objection, request termination, seek visitation orders, or correct defects in pleadings is available on Monday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Room 571.
The San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program is a private, non-profit legal organization offers assistance for guardianship for minors for low income individuals. For more information, call:(619) 235-5656 ext. 111.
They offer a walk-in clinic at they office at 707 Broadway, Suite 1400, in Downtown San Diego, every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am – 12 pm to 1 pm – 5 pm.
They provide assistance with
We Provide Help with:
- Petitions for Guardianship
- Preparing Objections
- Requesting Visitation
- Terminating Guardianship
- Guardianship Move Aways
- Family Preparedness
- Guardianship Alternatives
Attendees must bring proof of income, court documents (if any), and contact information for parents and grandparents of the minor(s), if known. SDVLP does not provide childcare.