Business Manager – Downtown
Job Summary: This position oversees the day-to-day operations of Law Library Facilities, Project Planning & Events, HR Management, responsible for specified areas of Accounting, and serves as backup to the Library Finance Manager. Also responsible for the San Diego Foundation General Ledger, Financial Statements & Reporting.
Essential Functions / Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily administration of the efficient operation of facilities. Oversees maintenance, janitorial, and property staff and contractors with Administrative Officer.
- Manages facilities improvements, expansions and renovations.
- Manages Law Library Board of Trustees operations including Board recruitment, meetings, and legal requirements (with Administrative Officer).
- Provides Reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Reviews policy directives and recommend improvements to policies and procedures related to the operations of the Law Library.
- Performs research and analysis on issues as they relate to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for Law Library Foundation Financial Reports and Non-profit reporting.
- Works with Law Library Foundation on annual fundraising events.
- Works with Law Library department heads in creating realistic budgets and resource management for library-wide projects and events; assist in the creation of timelines, protocols and procedures; assist in providing project management and development to managers and staff.
- Responsible for Human Resources: Benefits administrator, oversight of yearly evaluations, hiring and onboarding assistance & new hire paperwork.
- Represents the Law Library’s Learning Organization credo to all job candidates.
- Assists in disciplinary conduct protocol.
- Responsible for updating Personnel Handbook.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for Banking, Wire Transfer Requests & certain account reconciliations.
- Maintains Fixed Asset Schedules.
- Upon request, reviews program and unit budgets, expenditures, staffing requests, and ensures budget. revisions are submitted promptly.
- Serves as backup to Finance Manager; includes ability to process incoming invoices and Law Library payments; perform all payroll duties and work with Finance Manager on Year-End Audits.
- Helps with special events / occasions as needed, i.e. setup/teardown, parking arrangements, food deliver, etc.
- Additional responsibilities, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel to all Library locations as needed.
- Applicant must have a car, valid driver’s license and be willing to drive and transport items for the Law Library.
- Ability to work weekend and extended hours if required.
Send resume with cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.
The San Diego Law Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply.