Bias MCLE on May 23
Date: Monday, May 23, 2016
Time: 12-1 p.m.
Location: Downtown San Diego
MCLE: 1 hour bias credit.
About the class:
Join us Monday, May 23, at noon for a class that asks Will Bias Cost You Your Next Case?
Bias in the courtroom is a prevalent problem. Bias exists in all people. The ability to recognize your biases and the biases of your opponent can save or lose your case. Black’s Law Dictionary Ninth Edition identifies 4 types of bias in the courtroom. We all have biases, learn to overcome yours and deliver a foolproof testimony.
After this seminar you will:
- Effectively recognize and reduce your biases
- Know how to counter the biases of the opposition
- Determine whether your forensic examiner’s report is biased
- Recognize the effects of bias on forensic examiners’ opinions
- Make implicit biases work in your favor
- Learn how biases impact the jury’s perspective
About the speaker:
Mike Wakshull is a court-qualified forensic document examiner and has been qualified as an expert witness in California Superior Courts and Federal District Court.
To cancel, call 619-531-3900. To receive a refund, you must notify us 72 hours in advance. Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.