Part-Time Library Associate
Job Title: Part-Time Library Associate
The San Diego Law Library seeks a Part-Time Library Associate (18 hours per week) primarily working at our Chula Vista location. This position is expected to provide basic reference service to library users, assist patrons in the use of the library catalog, legal research databases and the Internet. Responsible for knowing and performing all Information Desk procedures and using all systems required at the desk including: millennium circulation module, cash register, credit card reader, print release stations and copiers. Responsible for smooth running of branch operations, including opening and closing procedures. Applicant must be able to work independently and have exceptional customer service skills.
Requirements or Qualifications:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to work Monday – Thursday 8:45 to 1:15
- Must be proficient with standard office software: ex. MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have a technology focus and be comfortable in various types of databases, internet searching, and social media
- Prefer someone with an MLIS or JD, or working toward either of those degrees
- Prefer prior library and/or legal experience
- Prefer prior experience with III Millennium Circulation Module
Compensation: $14.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The San Diego Law Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All interested parties are encouraged to apply.